5 Questions to Ask Your Oncologist About Using Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
If cancer has touched your life, or the life of a loved one, and you would like to explore using complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) alongside conventional cancer treatment, you’ll want to look for an oncologist who is supportive of your wishes. Because oncologists do not always know enough about CAM to know which treatments are helpful versus which ones may be contraindicated, Dr. Kelly Turner, author of the upcoming book Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds, shares her list of the most important questions to ask your oncologist about using CAM. In the best case scenario, an oncologist would answer “Yes” to these 5 questions:
1. Are you open to my using CAM alongside my Western medicine treatment?
2. Do you believe that changes in diet, stress, and exercise can help my immune system?
3. Have you read any of the latest studies on CAM, or gone to any recent CAM conferences?
4. If I find a CAM practitioner that I like, would you be willing to talk to him/her about my case?
5. Have any of your other patients integrated CAM with their conventional treatment? If so, how did it go?
Click HERE for a list of integrative oncologists compiled by the Society for Integrative Oncology.
Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds by Kelly Turner, PhD is on sale March 18th, 2014. Pre-order your copy here. Learn more about Dr. Kelly Turner and Radical Remission on her website.